Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blog #2 - Best magazine covers of 2013 and the last 40 Years & My Favorite Cover


Favorite cover 
Winner
New York, November 12, 2013: "The City and the Storm"
Shot on the Wednesday evening after Hurricane Sandy hit, Iwan Baan’s photograph of Manhattan, half aglow and half dark, captured the larger story of a powerful city rendered powerless. A true viral phenomenon, the image became an instant icon of the event—magazine cover that many New Yorkers have saved for posterity. In fact, a poster version was offered for sale by the Museum of Modern Art. 


Critique
I would like to say that this magazine cover is absolutely fabulous. The reason that I really like it is because of how the photographer of this picture captured the real beauty of the city at night. I mean just looking at this photo is breath taking. I specifically love how the lights of the city look in it. Also can you talk about how amazing the view point that this photograph was taken at.I just don't have so many words for this its absolutely phenomenal. I would just like to say that  the photographer (Iwan Baan)of this photo was this was absolutely genius.  














No comments:

Post a Comment